[Cialug] vmware player - bridged network?

Don Cady donc5 at mchsi.com
Fri Apr 7 16:31:58 CDT 2006

Sounds like the Mandriva VM is getting it's IP from VMWare's internal DHCP.
When using bridged mode, you'd usually want VMWare's DHCP off, that way the
VM's nic will pick up an IP from your 10.0.0.x network.
Of course I could be wrong. Are there 192.168.x.x networks out on the host's
physical LAN that it would be picking that IP up from?

Don