[Cialug] Help with a home wireless network

Rob Miller robarooney at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 21:29:01 CDT 2006

We just moved to a new house in WDM and all we can get is cable, no DSL.
Also, the basement is unfinished so there's no cable outlets down there.
So, I bought a Motorola SB900 wireless gateway for the nearest cable outlet
upstairs.  Now, I have three desktop computers that are downstairs and I'd
like to have internet access for all three of them at the same time.  Is
there a device that I could use to link the three desktop machines
downstairs to the wireless gateway upstairs?  I have a hub and I don't want
to buy a wireless card for each of the desktop machines.  Can I add another
wireless router downstairs and have it communicate with the gateway
upstairs?  Obviously, I'm a networking newb. so any advice is much
appreciated.