[Cialug] DB2

Jon Clemons clemdog at marshallnet.com
Wed Sep 21 09:17:12 CDT 2005

I believe it depends on what version of DB2 if it is supported.

a.. Drop the LOCATION column. Also drop any views, indexes, or constraints that are built on that column.
   ALTER TABLE EQUIPMENT
     DROP COLUMN LOCATION CASCADE
CASCADE Specifies that any views, indexes, or constraints that are dependent on the column being dropped are also dropped. RESTRICT Specifies that the column cannot be dropped if any views, indexes, or constraints are dependent on the column. If all the columns referenced in a constraint are dropped in the same ALTER TABLE statement, RESTRICT does not prevent the drop. ----- Original Message -----