[Cialug] OT: Antec modular Molex cable(s) wanted

D. Joe Anderson deejoe at raccoon.com
Fri Sep 16 14:02:14 CDT 2005

So, my power supply was making more noise than a busted
chainsaw, because of a bad fan, and it was driving my office
mate a little batty.

So, I grabbed an Antec SmartPower 2.0 from a local retailer,
installed it, and all seems well.  Mostly.

The problem is it came with just one cable with Molex
connectors.  It has 3, so that's fine for my hard drives, but
I've got two optical drives I need to run, too.  And I'd rather
not try to make a Y-splitter work (and, from what I've seen from
most Y-splitters, they aren't long enough anyway).

Anyway, I've got way more of the cables that have SATA power
connectors than I need (number currently needed?  0).

Antec sells additional cables, but shipping is several times the
cost of the cable itself, so for the moment, I'm too cheap to
pay that.

What I'd like to find is someone more-or-less local that might
want some extra SATA connectors and has a spare Molex connector
to trade.

--
Joe