[Cialug] Linux on Laptop

David Champion dave at visionary.com
Thu Sep 15 11:03:06 CDT 2005

Gentoo is a very "hands on" distro, I would only recommend it for
hardcore hacker types. Slackware is also like this.

Any of the RedHat (Fedora, Whitebox, CentOS...) / SUSE / Mandriva
distro's are very easy to install & use.

Debian & Ubuntu are slightly less user friendly - mostly just in the
installer - but are also easy to use.

Here's some resources for you to check out...

http://www.cialug.org/ewiki/?id=Distributions+by+Target

http://distrowatch.com/

-dc