[Cialug] wireless PCI adapter

Matthew Johnson Matthew.Johnson at dnr.state.ia.us
Mon Sep 12 09:52:05 CDT 2005

Hello Dave,

If USB is my best option, I can rethink this option.  Currently my
machine only has USB1 ports, and I was hoping to avoid another purchase
to upgrade to USB 2.0. Although it's probably about time to upgrade this
hardware too...so if you have any USB options, let me know.

Matthew

>>> dave at 58ghz.net 9/12/05 9:17:09 AM >>>
I'm curious, why did you choose to avoid the USB adapters?

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 09:07, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> Hello All,
> I would like to set up a home wireless network, and
> was hoping for recommendations regarding a Linux
> compatible PCI wireless card for a desktop machine.
> prism54.org only lists one card, there has to be
> others...? Just to complicate the situation further,
> 802.11g is the goal, along with avoiding the USB
> attached adapters. Thank you for any suggestions.
>
> Matthew

Open Source Information Systems, Inc. (OSIS)
Dave J. Hala Jr., President <dave at osis.us>
641.485.1606