[Cialug] wireless PCI adapter

David Champion dave at visionary.com
Mon Sep 12 09:45:54 CDT 2005

I talked to Matt a little about this at the SFD event, then later to Tom
  Pohl and others.

Matt didn't want to use USB because he didn't know if he had a free USB
port on all machines, and was concerned that they might be USB 1.0.

Tom and I both have had similar experiences with PCI cards - that they
don't get very good reception because the antenna is potentially blocked
by your PC case.

One nice thing about the USB adapters is you can put them on an
extension cable (some of them come with a cable and even a nifty stand)
then orient it for the best reception.

Tom also mentioned that you can get a PCI to PCMCIA adapter, then plug
in the PCMCIA card of your choice. Of course, this will add to your cost.

-dc