[Cialug] Information Technology Director

Alan Maupin alan.maupin at mchsi.com
Fri Sep 9 23:20:21 CDT 2005

No problem Morris. Good luck to you!

-----Original Message-----
From: cialug-bounces at cialug.org [mailto:cialug-bounces at cialug.org] On Behalf
Of Morris Dovey
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 7:11 PM
To: Central Iowa Linux Users Group
Subject: Re: [Cialug] Information Technology Director

| Ok . it has nothing at all to do with the job in question, but more
| than likely a marketing gimick on the career builder site.  I sent
| the job post link because I know CIALUG is densly popoulated with
| geeks.

Yuppers. I wasn't criticizing you - or at least that wasn't my intent.

I'd just finished sorting through my daily heap of spam and was, per
usual, disgusted with what I consider mis-use and abuse of technology.

I suppose I qualify, more or less, as a geek - and I was curious about
"opportunities" being offered to geeks in Iowa - and I was startled that
anyone seeking to hire a capable IT Director would have the gall to
advertise that position on a site subjecting visitors to popup
pollution.

My geekish reading was: "Here's an outfit so clueless that they almost
certainly have neither internal standards nor plan for the future; and
almost certainly no way to recognize a *stellar* hire if they should
accidentally succeed in bringing such a person on board."

I was so bemused that I actually spoke "out loud". Sorry.

Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/solar.html