[Cialug] SFD - Volunteers

Bryan Baker ka_klick at mac.com
Thu Sep 8 13:39:35 CDT 2005

Since my wife will be working I will have my daughter in tow, which
will probably require that I not be fully committed to anything.
I will help out as I can for as long as I can.

I also burned a DVD of Cringley's first NerdTV VODcast which is an hour
long in-depth interview with Andy Hertzfeld,
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Hertzfeld) who is great to listen
to, and says some really good things about software freedom. (for those
who don't know, he was one of the main system programmers on the
original Macintosh, who's more recently started up Eazel which started
the Nautilus file browser project and was with the Open Source
Applications Foundation, and recently joined Google). I'll bring it
(and a laptop that can view it) in case anyone wants to watch, there
are some really good F/OSS quotes in there, along with some fun stories
involving some geek legends.

On Sep 6, 2005, at 8:06 PM, Kevin C. Smith wrote:
> We need commitments on manning the room this Saturday.
> The event will start at 10:00 to 4:00 PM.
> Setup will start at 9:30 AM.
>
> This involves Linux Installs, answering questions, handing out software
> CDs, etc.
>
> Volunteers Sign Up Here:
> Name			Will Be There
> -------------------------------------