[Cialug] Which computer to bring to Install Fest

pegleg ColonelPanik at mchsi.com
Wed Sep 7 18:31:27 CDT 2005

Hello to all,

I am new to Linux and this list but not to computers. I am
wondering what computer I should bring to the Linux Install
Fest on September 10th. I have several Apple PPC machines
that I could bring. Among them are "beige G3" PPC, 9600 MP
PPC and a 3400c Powerbook PPC.

Which of the above PPC(s) would be a good choice? And how
large of a hard drive would be recommended? I may need to
bump up the drive before the Fest. Any other info about
hardware to use with Linux or what to avoid would be
helpful.

Thanks for offering the install fest and any insight into
what hardware to bring.

Bob Titus