[Cialug] Graphics card

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Fri Sep 2 20:50:07 CDT 2005

>From my list it seems to be a:
CARD (CIRCUIT), GRAPHICS, 64, X300, SERVER ENHANCED, OUGA2, FULL HEIGHT

I read somewhere that 64 graphics cards were the best! I think it's an ATI
radeon X300.

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Renegade Muskrat wrote:

> Does anyone know what graphics that a Dell OptiPlex GX280 has? The system
> service tag is 2TCCZ61, if anyone knows how to get a hardware spec sheet from
> that i would be most grateful. The graphics are provided by an expansion card
> that came installed in the machine by Dell (i didn't see any obvious
> manufacturer names on the card). I'm trying to get Debian set up on this
> machine but don't know which X video driver to use. Knoppix 3.9 uses "vesa";
> but i'm sure this machine can do better than that. Any ideas on how to find
> out what this thing uses?
>                                               -- Dan
>            "I'm still sane on three planets and two moons."
>      Daniel Ramaley                  3118 Cottage Grove Ave Apt 8
>      dramaley at spatulacity dot cx        Des Moines, Iowa 50311
>      http://www.spatulacity.cx/                    (515) 271-5233

Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent
                       encroachments of those in power than by violent
                       and sudden usurpations."- James Madison