[Cialug] linuxant wlan driver?

David Champion dave at visionary.com
Thu Oct 27 14:09:06 CDT 2005

Have any of you tried the linuxant wlan driver?

https://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/

There's a free trial version, it costs $20 for a licensed version.

Just curious how it works, and if there's any advantage to running this
over the ndiswrapper.

Of course, I'd prefer a native linux driver...

I'm thinking of trying Dave Swagler's Broadcom 4306 mini-pci card in my
laptop.

Oh, FYI we got wifi in Dave's Gateway laptop running last night. He got
an Intel 2200 (Centrino) mini-pci card from someone, and Mandriva had
drivers for it. We had to turn on the Wireless option in the system
BIOS, and it seems to be working fine now. The sound still doesn't work
- it will load the intel 8x0 sound driver, but won't play any sounds.

-dc