[Cialug] How to clear resolver cache

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Tue Oct 18 11:11:30 CDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 09:37:18AM -0500, Nathan C. Smith wrote:

> Maybe I'm using the wrong search terms.
>
> How can I clear cached DNS entries in the resolver cache?

That's a loaded question because there are so many "cache'ers" that
come into play.  Are you using nscd?  (nscd -i hosts)  pdnsd?
bind9?  Is this a server? workstation? roadwarrior?  As Dave already
pointed out, there are application-side cache'ers as well.

If you're actually using "resolver," then it has hooks into djbdns dnscache.
(check /etc/resolvconf/update.d)

Any idea on which aspect of your cache is holding out on an update?

--
Paul Gray                                         -o)
323 Wright Hall                                   /\\