[Cialug] OT: Stupid IE bug...

Jonathan Bailey jcbailey at code0.net
Mon Oct 17 21:47:15 CDT 2005

Wondering if anyone has ever seen this and has a fix...

I have a page designed in a frameset (left nav frame, right content frame).
The left nav frame is XHTML 1.0 Strict. The right frame is the same. I also
use background-image in the right frame. With a doctype set, IE makes a sort
of mirror effect of the page and corrupts the display. If you
minimize/maximize IE, the corruption goes away. If I remove the doctype from
the right frame, everything works fine. Everything works fine in FireFox
1.0.7 with or without the doctype. Ideas?

Jon