[Cialug] Learning the 'C' language

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Fri Oct 14 09:36:19 CDT 2005

I am forever learning may way around linux.  for a newbie it is frustrating
that the graphical tools to make basic changes - network settings add
hardware etc. don't always work as they should, sometimes incomplete.

I guess that was what I was really lacking - I want to change the network
address - where is that setting kept?
I need to add a hard drive, how do I do that?  how do I set up ppp?

Things that can be a challenge for a newbie in windows even.  A little bit
like trying to read a Spanish book to someone in French when your
understanding of Spanish is shaky and you are just learning French.

-Nate