[Cialug] Learning the 'C' language

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Tue Oct 11 21:46:48 CDT 2005

For programming.  I could get what I need from a book, but I need an
instructor to help me stay on task.  I have the K&R book.

I know a smattering of other things.  All languages have similarities in
program flow and branching.  A review of basic syntax and variable-types
then a dive into 'C' uniqueness and data structures would suit me best.
Linked lists, pointers hash tables,  hmm starting to sound like a data
structures class.

What I would be even more interested in is the environment around C in
Linux.  GCC and make and the C libraries.  ...  The stuff you need to know
to contribute to a project.  Malloc, threading.

-Nate