[Cialug] Web services platform

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Tue Nov 29 08:59:19 CST 2005

The big key is if you ship a copy of mysql with your product.  To be
clear this does not mean shipping a DB export (e.g. somedatabase.sql).
If your project simply makes use of MySQL but you require the admin to
install and configure MySQL yourself the GPL is fine.  If you have a
product where you actually put a copy of MySQL (tweaked or stock) in
with your product then you have to go the commercial route.

--Tony