[Cialug] ibook G3 600 mhz FIXED (need PPC linux distro advice)

Alan Maupin alan.maupin at mchsi.com
Tue Nov 22 16:22:18 CST 2005

Bryan,

Thanks for the tip about the MUG list.  I received a fast solution there.  A
fellow named CW Smith had my iBook booted in about 5 minutes over the phone.
Although, that was after I replaced the 20GB stock drive with a 6GB spare.
I shorted out a memory chip with the Airport antenna connector.

Now a new problem has been introduced.  I can't install OSX Tiger now since
the new drive is too small.  I have OSX 10.1 installed but that version will
not allow Office 2004, which is a basic necessity.

So, what is the best distro for an iBook with a 14 inch screen, 600 mhz PPC,
and Airport?  I figure Open Office should suffice.

Thanks