[Cialug] inexpensive file/print/terminal server

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Wed Nov 16 10:48:43 CST 2005

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, Kendall Bailey wrote:
> So is ebay the best place to look, or is there something more local
> that does not impose a MS tax, and might have good used hardware?  Or
> have you all found that new hardware is worth the cost?  If so, where
> to get bare-bones systems?  I've never built one from parts but if
> someone in the group would like to provide ongoing advice on what to
> buy, I'd be willing to try...

Just so Tony and John don't think I'm slow or rolling around in my piles
of money, our store has machines like that. We should have something in
the 1 ghz range in back. I think I saw some dual p2 or p3 boards floating
around also. Since it's used I can't guarantee what will be there at any
point in time. We have ten p3 8xx machines going out for rental that will
be available when they return in less than a week I think.

dave

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent