[Cialug] Mailfiltering

David Champion dave at visionary.com
Wed Nov 9 11:33:38 CST 2005

I was running for a while on a temporary mail server - a p3-300 with an
IDE disk and 128mb ram - while I rebuilt the main one. I had to disable
spamassassin because it was absolutely killing that box - like the load
average would hit 30.

The current mail server is a xeon 2.8ghz with 1gb ram and a sata raid.
Spamassassin doesn't even show up on the load average radar.

There are options to run spamassassin to fork a process each time it's
needed, or to run as a daemon, that make a big difference too.

-dc