[Cialug] Mailfiltering

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Tue Nov 8 11:12:58 CST 2005

OK, so I've been using TMDA to stop spam and it works great since it is
an opt-in type of implementation.  However, I'm still seeing ridiculous
amounts of spam in the tmda-pending queue and I'd like to now kill this
stuff as it comes as oppose to letting TMDA age the messages out of my
mail queue.

I've been doing some reading on Gentoo specific how-tos on using
spamassassin/amavis-new/clamav but they all assume some monstrosity of a
setup where you have a mail filter(s) in front of the mail server  I
simply don't have the ability to do that so I need to run on this on the
same server.  Is there any good how-to on getting this going.  I'm
currently running postfix with a mysql backend so I'd like to not
'break' anything there as part of this.

--Tony