[Cialug] rip an ISO

Renegade Muskrat dramaley at spatulacity.cx
Sun Nov 6 22:52:45 CST 2005

 >If you want the original md5sum back, then you need to peel it off
just
 >like you layed it on...
 >
 >dd bs=`isoinfo -i /dev/cdrom -d| grep "block size is" | awk -F": "
 >'{print $2}'` if=/dev/cdrom count=`isoinfo -i /dev/cdrom -d |grep
 >"Volume size"| awk -F": " '{print $2}'` | md5sum
 >
 >If the md5sum matchs, substitute 'of=debian.iso' for the final pipe
 >md5sum.

That worked. Thanks! For quite awhile i've occasionally wondered how to
do this, but somehow never hit the right combination of search keywords
when trying to figure it out.
                                                -- Dan
             "I'm still sane on three planets and two moons."
       Daniel Ramaley                  3118 Cottage Grove Ave Apt 8
       dramaley at spatulacity dot cx        Des Moines, Iowa 50311
       http://www.spatulacity.cx/                    (515) 271-5233