[Cialug] gemsvnc, x11vnc

Kendall Bailey krbailey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 11:26:12 CST 2005

Anyone have experience with these?  I have a brother in St. Louis for
whom I've install Ubuntu 5.04 some time back.  He needs occasional
config help.  I can run tightvncserver and connect, so as to get
access to graphical apps on the box, but it would be even better if I
can see/manipulate his root display.  I don't find gemsvnc by doing
"apt-cache search" on my Debian box, but x11vnc is there.  Is gemsvnc
so much better I should get the source and compile it?  Or is x11vnc
good enough for remote control over broadband?

Thanks,
Kendall