[Cialug] GNUPG Key Signing Party at the next meeting?

Kevin C. Smith cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 27 May 2005 09:44:04 -0500

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 22:06 -0500, Kenneth Ristau wrote:

> I've noticed a few people on the list sign their messages with PGP/GPG.
>  Is there any interest in holding a GNUPG Key Signing Party at the next
> CIALUG meeting?  The following is a good HOWTO:
>
> http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/gpg-party.html
>
> I won't pretend to have extensive experience with GPG, but I could give
> a brief, basic overview of the basic key and message management
> command-line options and the Enigmail plug-in for Mozilla/Thunderbird.
> Enigmail makes management much easier, but slightly less secure (for the
> uber paranoid).
>
> later,
> kristau

Can't hurt.
I'm willing to facilitate (collect the keys and coordinate during the
"party") if needed. We will need to confirm our desire to do this and do
notification on the list soon to give people time to create a key and
upload to a public keyserver. Maybe put a modified howto on our site.

So Kenneth, if you haven't noticed we talk alot but if no one takes a
lead nothing tends to happen. That said, If there is no objection to
this idea in the next day or so an announcement will be made by me
unless you wish facilitate.

--
Kevin C. Smith