[Cialug] help me tame my router?

Jerry Weida cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 26 May 2005 18:06:17 -0500

------=_Part_4033_13063543.1117148777942

If you are using the dhclient tools under Debian, you can edit your=20
dhclient.conf file and add the lines:

supersede domain-name "<your domain name>"
supersede domain-name-servers "<your domain name servers separated by a=20
space>"

I could be wrong on the exact syntax, but I seem to remember this working=
=20
quite well under RedHat 7.3.

I'm not sure what you would do for any other dhcp clients.

On 5/26/05, Darcy Baston <darcybaston@mac.com> wrote:
>=20

------=_Part_4033_13063543.1117148777942

If you are using the dhclient tools under Debian, you can edit your dhclien=
t.conf file and add the lines:<br>
supersede domain-name &quot;&lt;your domain name&gt;&quot;<br>
supersede domain-name-servers &quot;&lt;your domain name servers separated =
by a space&gt;&quot;<br>
I could be wrong on the exact syntax, but I seem to remember this working q=
uite well under RedHat 7.3.<br>
n class=3D"gmail_quote">On 5/26/05, <b class=3D"gmail_sendername">Darcy Bas=
ton</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:darcybaston@mac.com">darcybaston@mac.com</a>&=
gt; wrote:
b(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">-----BEGIN=
L wireless router that's being a real
/192.168.0.1">192.168.0.1</a>,<br>and it goes into /etc/resolv.conf. It's c=
onfused both Debian 3 and<br>the latest Ubuntu, while OS X Tiger handles it=
 just fine. When this
the file to take out the offending line before I can resume using the<br>ne=
t.<br><br>It auto changes resolv.conf and introduces that garbage every tim=
outer I can stop it from suggesting<br>that incorrect IP address? <a href=
=3D"http://192.168.0.1">192.168.0.1</a> is what I normally use for<br>confi=
guring the router.
 Blocking
st