[Cialug] WTB: 1U server

David Champion cialug@cialug.org
Mon, 23 May 2005 11:16:50 -0500

I've set up a PE750, as well as a few Dell sc1425 servers. They're
pretty nice machines. I bought a sc1425 for my own personal server.

The only odd thing I noticed was with the PE750, I couldn't get it to
install from a Mandrake CD with either the internal CDROM, or by using
"standard" cdrom drive. I'm thinking it was something with the atapi
controller on the mobo that didn't like the oversized cdrom image thing.
The sc1425's didn't have any problems with it. We ended up putting
Debian on the PE750.

-dc