[Cialug] Real VNC

David Stout cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 20 May 2005 14:56:05 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1813694115-1116626165=:65731

thanks Tim I will be using over a wirelessG network.

timwilson011@mchsi.com wrote:I've used both Real and Tight VNC. The WinVNC executable is close to the same,
in fact, the TightVNC version points you to RealVNC's web site for documentation.

TightVNC offers some different options than RealVNC, I use TightVNC at home to
go from my P120 laptop to my Linux box downstairs. It's ok, a little slow, but
that's because of my slow laptop. I had to tinker with it until I could find
the right settings for my needs. I saw a lot of info about setting options for
slow networks, but I wouldn't call a 100mb network slow. I needed settings for
a slow computer, and had a harder time finding settings for that.

--
Tim W.

From: David Stout <ragbrai65@yahoo.com>
To: cialug <cialug@cialug.org>
Subject: [Cialug] Real VNC
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 19:47:05 +0000

Has anyone on the list had any experance using Real VNC for remote computing?

David Stout
Business Forms Analyst

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail

David Stout
Business Forms Analyst

---------------------------------
Discover Yahoo!
--0-1813694115-1116626165=:65731

<DIV>thanks Tim I will be using over a wirelessG network.<BR><BR><B><I>timwilson011@mchsi.com</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">I've used both Real and Tight VNC. The WinVNC executable is close to the same,<BR>in fact, the TightVNC version points you to RealVNC's web site for documentation.<BR><BR>TightVNC offers some different options than RealVNC, I use TightVNC at home to<BR>go from my P120 laptop to my Linux box downstairs. It's ok, a little slow, but<BR>that's because of my slow laptop. I had to tinker with it until I could find<BR>the right settings for my needs. I saw a lot of info about setting options for<BR>slow networks, but I wouldn't call a 100mb network slow. I needed settings for<BR>a slow computer, and had a harder time finding settings for that.<BR><BR><BR>--<BR>Tim W.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>From: David Stout &lt;ragbrai65@yahoo.com&gt;<BR>To: cialug &lt;cialug@cialug.org&gt;<BR>Subject: [Cialug] Real VNC<BR>Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 19:47:05 +0000<BR><BR>
<DIV>Has anyone on the list had any experance using Real VNC for remote computing?</DIV><BR><BR>David Stout<BR>Business Forms Analyst
<P>
<HR SIZE=1>
Yahoo! Mail<BR>Stay connected, organized, and protected. <A href="http://tour.mail.yahoo.com/mailtour.html">Take the tour</A></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><BR><BR>David Stout<br>Business Forms Analyst<p>
		<hr size=1>Discover Yahoo!<br>