[Cialug] what distros were out in 1996?

cialug@cialug.org cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 20 May 2005 17:19:18 +0000

That reminds me, I've been meaning to ask a question.  I have a laptop with no
CD-Rom, but I have an external one hooked up via a SCSI-II connection.  Of
course, I can't boot off of the external CD-Rom drive.  I found an "sbm.bin"
which is supposedly a floppy image for a boot manager.  However, I couldn't get
it to work.  Is there something out there that I can use, or am I stuck making a
boot floppy for the distro, and using it?  I wanted to try a Live CD distro, so
I'm not sure if there's a boot floppy for it.

--
Tim W.