[Cialug] Lunch meetings

Josh More cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 13 May 2005 16:57:46 -0500

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 16:44 -0500, Dwight Hubbard wrote:
> It would also be handy to have some way to leg people know who you are.  I
> got their today and realized I didn't know who to look for, of course I got
> called back to work before I got to place my order so it didn't really
> matter :-(

We discussed that.  As it turns out, I had left notice at the host
station that others might be coming for the 'Linux' group.  It seemed
to work for most.

Other ideas mentioned included:
* A large stuffed penguin sitting on the table
* A stuffed gecko on the table
* Everyone wearing penguin hats
* Everyone sits around reading O'Reilly books (hey, it works with
  Sappho)
* Accosting everyone who came in and asking if they were with the Linux
  group.

Generally though, I'd say to just ask the hostess, and we ought to be
ok.  If someone is particularly worried, email me off-list before a
gathering to get my cell number.

--
-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP
 morej@alliancetechnologies.net