[Cialug] thanks for the great lunch guys

Darcy Baston cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 13 May 2005 14:19:02 -0500

Jeff, Dave, Ken and Barry and I had a fun lunch today at Jason's deli. Was great meeting you guys. I look forward to the next opportunity.

Some things we discussed:
-Microsoft loves scientific notation for product numbers and telephone numbers. Must be a drunk-geek joke that made it too far in the dev tree. "Hey dude, you're number's like... 5.153344E10"
-DT...uhm...nevermind. You're not supposed to know. Shhh.
-BSD and Redhat are a little...different.
-"Warning: you are about to install Windows. Are you sure you want to do that?"
-When security is an added feature, and not a core development philosophy, and you market that to generate excitement about a product, what are you REALLY saying exactly?
-When you need 6 computers for 10 people and you end up with 10 computers for 6 people, you know you've run into management.
-Just because you can export your data from your app, doesn't mean you should also be able to reimport it with the same application. Or at least...one multi-billion dollar company thinks so.

Man, I laughed so hard to day. Thanks guys.

Darcy