[Cialug] Re: [amesfug] hating Mediacom, was opportunity iowa

David Champion cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 04 May 2005 11:38:15 -0500

D. Joe Anderson wrote:
> On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 09:51:44AM -0500, Chris Hilton wrote:
>
>>Oh yay, another item in my long list of reasons why I loathe Mediacom.
>

> As opposed to hating people too lazy to trim their quotes.  I
> growl in your general direction a SECOND time!
>
> I don't know about hating Mediacom, but I do (temporarily) hate
> a particular Mediacom user, who has had the lease for their IP
> number 12.216.46.153.  I've seen a ton of what I'm guessing is
> the latest Microsoft virus from this address.  Given that I see
> this going mostly to local user group addresses, it's a good bet
> its someone subscribed to cialug, amesfug, etc. and who therefor
> has those addresses in their address book.  Best argument yet
> for the linux-elitists/crackmonkey approach to mailing lists:
> Reject mail from non-free mailers (yeah, yeah, I know there are
> good arguments *against* such restrictions, just humor me this
> mini-rant, OK?)
>
> Please check your mchsi leases and clean up your freaking
> Windows box(es).

>     From: hostmaster@iastate.edu
>     To: mailhost@etrumeus.com
>     Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 09:13:10 GMT
>     Subject: Your email was blocked

I've also received the same "Your email was blocked" spam / virus emails
from another IP :

... and I know there are a few Drakies subscribed.

If you insist on running Outlook (I can't think of a single good
reason...), please get yourself a good AntiVirus / Spyware application too.

-dc