[Cialug] hating Mediacom, was opportunity iowa

D. Joe Anderson cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 4 May 2005 11:03:36 -0500

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 09:51:44AM -0500, Chris Hilton wrote:
> Oh yay, another item in my long list of reasons why I loathe Mediacom.

As opposed to hating people too lazy to trim their quotes.  I
growl in your general direction a SECOND time!

I don't know about hating Mediacom, but I do (temporarily) hate
a particular Mediacom user, who has had the lease for their IP
number 12.216.46.153.  I've seen a ton of what I'm guessing is
the latest Microsoft virus from this address.  Given that I see
this going mostly to local user group addresses, it's a good bet
its someone subscribed to cialug, amesfug, etc. and who therefor
has those addresses in their address book.  Best argument yet
for the linux-elitists/crackmonkey approach to mailing lists:
Reject mail from non-free mailers (yeah, yeah, I know there are
good arguments *against* such restrictions, just humor me this
mini-rant, OK?)

Please check your mchsi leases and clean up your freaking
Windows box(es).