[Cialug] Stirring the Pot for Installfest

David Champion cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:09:34 -0600

Lee wrote:
> I'm certainly no advertising guy and this may have already been discussed.
> But if I may suggest a strategy that works very well. When advertising an
> event you generally recruit partners who stand to gain from your event. Has
> anyone ever approached CompUSA, Best Buy etc. With a little sponsorship or
> co-advertising? CompUSA in paticular seems receptive to this sort of thing.

Not historically. They've only been willing to post flyers for us in the
back training rooms, which occasionally get used for training or
meetings, but mostly are apparantly used for storage.

They may be willing to do something different now, and if so... that's
great.

In the past when we've had a lot of success we've posted flyers at most
of the local computer shops (DIT, Dymin, Computer Shack...) and I think
that's where most of our "customers" came from.

-dc