[Cialug] ipcop

Claus cialug@cialug.org
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:54:01 -0600

> IPCop is similar because it is a direct fork of smoothwall, which would
> imply that there was/is something wrong with the smoothwall project.  I
> would like to stress the importance of looking into the history of
> Smoothwall before supporting them.

Wow, harsh statement.  "OpenBSD is similar because it is a direct fork
of NetBSD, which would imply that there was/is something wrong with the
NetBSD project."  While some OpenBSD people do agree with that I don't
think that statement is appropriate.  I read the same out of the
IPCop/Smoothwall statement.  This game can be played with many other
forks.  No reason was given why Smoothwall has/had something wrong with
it.  In fact it sounds like the poster doesn't know much about
Smoothwall, just like me - I don't know either software.  With that the
statement above not only has no value but it's also misleading.

   Claus