[Cialug] RedHat's site

David Champion cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:19:06 -0600

My biggest gripe about Fedora is the centralized update system. Any time
a big patch comes out, it's impossible to get them downloaded for a while.

Mandrake and Debian address this by using mirror sites. The problem with
Mandrake is you sometimes have to change your mirrors if they decide to
drop it, and a lot of the mirrors only carry the latest version's
updates, so if you're a version or two back, you really have to hunt for
someone who's mirroring the updates for it.

A bittorrent based update system would be nifty...

-dc