[Cialug] new cable modem advice

Don Cady cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:56:59 -0600

Barry, Stephen has a point here. If you call for service saying you're a
non-windows user, using your own modem, you'd better cross your fingers when
you dial*. Seems like your best bet is to get them to replace your modem
with a motorola somehow, with second choice being buying your own.

*I have heard that some of those guys are easing into Linux. I gave LiveCDs
to 2 in the CUG who responded that some of their collegues were already
talking it up. Too bad none have joined the LUG, we'd have non-windows
points of contact.

Don