[Cialug] DNS Bind 9

frankie cialug@cialug.org
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:25:32 -0600

Hi,
	Still getting same results after modifying /etc/resolv.conf file. Was
talking with a coworker who suggested looking at the zone files, of
which
there are a few in /var/named/chroot/var/named: localdomain.zone,
localhost.zone, mayhem.nut.hosts, named.broadcast, named.ca,
named.ip6.local,  named.local, and named.zero. I'm thinking I need
named.ca, but do I need the others or can they safely be eliminated?
And shouldn't mayhem.nut.hosts be named mayhem.nut.zone? Thanks.

Irv Robison
IRVNET
515-720-7816
frankie@raccoon.com
www.irvnet.us

Optimism and perserverance have gotten me farther then anthing else I
have tried.