[Cialug] ColdFusion on Linux

Mike Staver cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:37:02 -0700

I'm currently running White Box Enterprise Linux 3.0 with CFMX 6.1 and
CFMX 7.0 running on it. I'm using Apache 2.0 with  I've tried installing
and running CF 5.0 and CFMX 6.X on many different linux distros, many
without success.  The biggest problem I often have with CFMX 6.1 is that
the installer fails on some linux boxen.  It can't generate the apache
module correctly, so what I did in the past was take the created module
from a successful install and then back it up and reuse it on the
machines where the install failed.  That seems to work fine.  Another
server I have running has Suse 9.1 on it with CF 5.0. I couldn't run 5.0
on Suse 9.2 because I don't think Suse 9.2 comes with apache 1.3X, which
is a requirement for CF 5.0. Sure, you could compile your own... but
it's just easier to pick a working distro out of the box. CF 5.0 used to
run great on Red Hat 7.X, 8.X, and 9.  CF 5 -> 7 also work on RHEL 3.0
ok from what I remember.