[Cialug] OT: Issues with CSS

cialug@cialug.org cialug@cialug.org
Sat, 05 Mar 2005 01:16:32 +0000

Do you have the Firefox Web Developer extension?  It's nice.  I copied your code
and tried to validate it and it failed.  I looked at the W3C doc, and found this
as an example:
<LINK rel="stylesheet" media="aural" href="corporate-aural.css" type="text/css">
<LINK rel="stylesheet" media="screen" href="corporate-screen.css" type="text/css">
<LINK rel="stylesheet" media="print" href="corporate-print.css" type="text/css">
<LINK rel="stylesheet" href="techreport.css" type="text/css">
<STYLE media="screen, print" type="text/css">
    p.special { color: rgb(230, 100, 180) }
</STYLE>

I'm still learning this stuff, but it looks like they're saying to define a
style with media types you want.  Check out this link:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/present/styles.html#h-14.4.1

--
Tim W.