[Cialug] July 16 LUG picnic

David Champion dave at visionary.com
Tue Jun 21 19:10:46 CDT 2005

At the last LUG meeting, we discussed having a LUG picnic, and the date
of Saturday, July 16 was suggested.

I would like to extend the invitation to other LUG/FUG's, so please pass
this along to AmesFUG, CedarLUG and anyone else who's interested.

I suggested Walnut Ridge park, on Saylorville Lake. It has nice shelters
and picnic areas, playground for the kids, and a disc golf course. I'm
sure between Kevin and I, we can come up with enough spare discs for
everyone who wants to play a round or two.

We can either do a potluck & grill, or we also discussed the possiblilty
of having the event catered. I talked to my friend "Uncle Wendell" who
does Smoked BBQ catering, he said he'd do it for $7 / person.

If we do catering, we'll obviously need a RSVP for a head count. Don't
reply yet... but just something to keep in mind. Maybe we'll set up a
page on the wiki for it. ;)

-dc