[Cialug] Wiki: Distributions by Target

Don Cady donc5 at mchsi.com
Thu Jun 16 13:47:26 CDT 2005

> As a beginner, I found the list on Distribution by Target page
> (http://cialug.org/ewiki/?id=Distributions+by+Target) very helpful.
> Also, in my opinion, it would/could be better if "author" split (or
> upgrade, whatever) the list into desktops, servers, and Live CDs.
I was thinking similar, except that the list should be split/reorganized by
Beginner-Intermediate-Advanced instead. Then I thought- Why not by 'Level'
and by target? ...Which lead me to ask about a grid/tables last night. I'm
not putting that much time in it right now.

Now afan, if you're willing to help with the Installfest some, then go ahead
and edit it. It's a wiki. You may be surprised how simple it is. Note the
"EWikiHowto" on the right. If you do so, you should probably also get up to
speed with the others working on this (they hang out on #cialug on
irc.freenode.net) so you aren't the rogue upsetting the applecart everyone
else just built.

Don