[Cialug] OT: Wireless protocols

Tom Pohl tom at tcpconsulting.com
Wed Jun 15 16:14:30 CDT 2005

The choice for me is simple.  In the same family of products, B has
always tested with greater range than G products.  Even at the slowest
connection, B connected at 1Mb/s (the other rates are 2.5, 5, and 11).
Since I aim for an access point density that will give a minimum
connection of 5Mb/s I don't really see a problem with using B equipment
since the broadband coming into the location tends to always be 1Mb or
less, if all of the traffic is destined for the internet, B or G really
makes no difference.

I got a phone call in the middle of that so sorry if it doesn't make
much sense.

-Tom