[Cialug] Installfest thought

Theron Conrey theron at conrey.org
Fri Jun 10 07:08:02 CDT 2005

I agree.  However, setting up network installs instills confidence in a
user as well, so that when he/she goes home and decides it's time to
upgrade over the internet, all will be ok.  If his/her computer is
installed that was surely it'll be ok to update it that way.  Quicker,
faster, better.  Also after basic installation it allows for a one line
apt-install, without swapping cds.

My assumption is that for the folks that even want to go near debian,
scaring them with the net install should be the least of our worries.
For the more timid or reserved (some would say savvy) CD based installs
that would be apt-based I agree that cd's would be more appropriate.

I don't think that the intent is to ONLY have one way to slice this
cake.  (gotta love a tasty metaphor)

Remember to visit and contribute to:
http://cialug.org/ewiki/?id=Install+Fest

Theron