[Cialug] Mac/Intel

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Thu Jun 9 13:30:25 CDT 2005

He always has an interesting take on things.

I wondered if moving to Intel would enable Apple to bring Dell's
manufacturing prowess to Apples.  I think I would pass on those.

The last time Steve Jobs brought a computer company to the Intel
architecture he ended up selling it too (anyone remember NeXT for x86? )

I can see that by pronouncing the changes and killing hardware sales he may
be able to cause the stock prices to drop to make the sale easier to do.

Could it really be as well conceived as all that?  If it really is, it is a
game of chess on a grand scale.

-Nate