[Cialug] Computer show?

Kevin C. Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Sun Jun 5 11:24:12 CDT 2005

Thinking bigger now:

If the Science Center doesn't go for the Linux Installfest
idea at their facility, I was thinking of pitching a grander
plan: An Educational Computer Show.

Idea:
1. Invite local user groups to come. Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD,
anyone I've forgotten.
2. Have presentations by each.
3. Computers set up for Kids and Adults to play with.
4. Each group mans their area to education and assist.
5. All day or All weekend event.

We will probably have to think a year or so in the future, and
still plan our usual Installfest for this year.

I may pitch the idea even if they allow our Installfest.

What do you think?

--
Kevin C. Smith