[Cialug] Installfest thought

Kevin C. Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Sat Jun 4 12:00:08 CDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 23:56 -0400, Kenneth Ristau wrote:
> Josh More wrote:
> > I have adjusted the presentation page to make it a bit more flexible.
>
> Nice re-org.  We might re-consider the arrangment of topics, too.  Try
> to make them a bit more chronological (if they aren't already, please
> correct me)?

I think it is chronological.

Unix (AT&T)--> Free Softare(RMS, GCC, BSD, etc) --> Linux(Linus starts)
--> Open Source (OSDN, Mozilla, Apache, and others) --> Where we are
today (Not sure where that is a the moment).

Of course there is overlap in the histories.

I have an old presentation I copped from the Internet a few years back.
I'll try and find it. Its fairly good and was arranged similar. No
copyright that I'm aware of, so I'll cut and paste some of the content
into the wiki later.

--
Kevin C. Smith