[Cialug] debian sarge

David Champion dave at visionary.com
Fri Jun 3 15:57:41 CDT 2005

I would not be suprised if there was a correlation showing more linux
users prefer manual transmissions than windows users.

My hypothesis being that linux users tend to be more technical and
"hands on" personalities.

If you treat a manual transmission right, you can make it last for a
couple hundred thousand miles or more with no maintenance. Not a lot of
auto transmissions make it that far.

Most of the times I've seen people have to replace a clutch have been
when it's been abused, or used in a "spirited manner", as in doing SCCA
Autocross. I already had to replace my brake pads after only 45k miles,
I'm guessing my clutch pad will be in need of replacing some day.

-dc