[Cialug] dry pair

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Mon Jul 25 06:52:11 CDT 2005

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005, Kenneth Ristau wrote:
> Jon Clemons wrote:
>> You can't order a dry pair anymore. That product has been discontinued
>> and existing ones are grandfathered. Not to mention it was $70 a month
>> for it.
>
> The City of Waukee recently (within the last 3 months) purchased a LADS
> circuit for a connection between two facilities.  I wasn't involved in
> purchasing it, so I don't know the cost details.  The line was used to
> connect two Tut Systems XL-1010 SHDSL bridges.

It helps to be a city or something political also.

That's good that they got it working, LAD circuits technically only have
to be able to pass a voltage, not carry any high speed data.

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent