[Cialug] dry pair

Kenneth Ristau kristau at kristau.net
Sun Jul 24 23:13:32 CDT 2005

Jon Clemons wrote:
> You can't order a dry pair anymore. That product has been discontinued
> and existing ones are grandfathered. Not to mention it was $70 a month
> for it.

The City of Waukee recently (within the last 3 months) purchased a LADS
circuit for a connection between two facilities.  I wasn't involved in
purchasing it, so I don't know the cost details.  The line was used to
connect two Tut Systems XL-1010 SHDSL bridges.

Unless they've been discontinued in the last month or two, they are
still available.  From what I've heard, though, you have to pull a few
teeth at Qwest to get them to admit they offer it.

later,
kristau
--
Tired programmer