[Cialug] uucp-style lock files?

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Tue Jul 19 11:02:16 CDT 2005

Does alphanumeric paging.  I need an out-of-band warning system for the hvac
in the computer room.  When it gets too hot the e-mail system shuts down
first.  Pagers are tiny compared to most phones and cheap to operate too.
They also run for a long time on a charge.

Besides all that, I really hate phones, too linear, lousy user interface and
people can call you on them.  Eew.

-Nate

_*_